My former website, bradrick.com, is no longer available.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Two Roosters Final

I'll call this done now.  It was all painted in Photoshop over the imported rough sketch of post one.  I changed the Jeff Bridges proportions quite a bit in the process as I saw I had made his face too long and it was not reading well.

Caricature is an intriguing but sometimes frustrating field.  There have been people I thought would be easy to do, who turned out to be elusive, and there have been some that came to me more easily than I expected.  In a future post I will talk about favorite caricaturists, including some whose art astounds me with its ability to create stunning "likenesses" with abstract or geometric shapes.  For now I will just say that my great hero of caricature has always been Mort Drucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment